Pages

The Spring Face Edit

Thursday 17 April 2014





In honor of a sunny week and hopefully a sunny bank holiday here are my favourite product picks for a spring face. Warning this is going to be LONG.

Base // Manuka Doctor Apirefine Flawless, Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light, Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in Porcelain, Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in Intensity One, and Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer in Nude.

Manuka Doctore Apirefine Flawless - This is a great base. It is a very light cream with a slight tint which evens the skin tone out. It is made with Manuka Honey (shock) and Bee venom and does have a slightly weird sweet smell when you put it on but it fades almost instantly. Oh and apparently I Millie Macintosh uses it (enough said.)

Revlon Skinlights -  Such a great multi-tasking product. I either use it mixed into my foundation or as a light layer between my primer and foundation to add some extra oomph.

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation - I am usually a full coverage girl but thanks to some TLC my skin has cleared up a little bit and I felt confident enough to go for this medium coverage foundation. The colour isn't perfect on me but hopefully with a little bit of sun it will be. It doesn't dry my skin out and has pretty good staying power with a light natural slightly dewy finish.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Light - Double wear is my all time favourite foundation, it really suits my skin and gives me the build-able coverage that I need on not so great skin days. The colour is perfect for my pale post winter skin and I just LOVE it, I have no doubt I will be repurchasing this for the rest of my days.

Guerlain Terracotta 4 seasons Bronzer - I bought this during a Selfridges make up splurge last summer and although the price tag is super high it is so worth it in my eyes. Thanks to my pale skin I find it difficult to find bronzers that look natural on me but this does it all, I can use it all year round by using different blends of the four shades and it is just BEAUTIFUL. I just hope it never runs out because I will have to get drunk before spending the money on it again.

Cheeks // Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Fearless, Topshop Blush in Do It Again, NYX Powder Blush in Angel, Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade and MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter

Tarte Blush in Fearless - This is a total tease as I have linked the US site BUT fear not this is one of the shades available through QVC they just don't have it on there at the moment...my guess is everyone went Tarte crazy (myself included) and they have sold out for now. Anyway I LOVE THIS BLUSHER. I can totally see why everyone raves about them, they are so beautiful. The pigmentation is lovely and build-able and the texture...just wow. On top of that the packaging is just beaut as well. Fearless is such a great spring/summer colour a pinky coral (my fave!) which you can just add a little of for a slight flush or build up for a more powerful look. Needless to say this is one of my favourite products ever and I have asked my friend who is in the States to get me two more.....

Topshop Blush in Do It Again - A beautiful peachy coral this blush is perfect for summery days it has a slight shimmer in it which is so so pretty, definitely a go to for garden BBQ season and great quality for the price too.

NYX Blush in Angel - This is my go to blush for my barely there make up days when I just want a touch of natural colour in my cheeks. It is such a pretty warm pink that would suit everyone.

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade - I wear a really light dusting of this all over my face after my bronzer and blush just to add some illuminating particles to my face, it makes my skin look super healthy and glowy without the disco ball look that we all want to acvoid.

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter - Since I picked this up a few months ago I cannot get enough of it. For three pounds this highlighter is incredible, I wear it on the top of my cheek bones, down my nose and cupids bow and it stays put all day long. Such a great budget product. My only whinge about it is I wish they would bring out different tones, this is a very cool pink which is nice but I would love a peachy tone too :)

Eyes and Lips // Bourjois Color Edition 24H Cream Eyeshadow in Oh Desir, L'oréal Color Riche Le Khol in Pure Espresso, Clarins Instant Light Perfector in Apricot Shimmer, Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey Douce, Topshop Lipstick in Macaroon, and Topshop Lipstick in Innocent

Bourjois Cream Eyeshadow in Oh Desir - This is my first ever cream shadow (whaaaaaa?!) and I love it! It is such a great neutral colour and perfect for the days when I don't have the time/can't be bothered to faff about with eyeshadows. I just use my fingers to pop a bit on a VOILA its done.

L'oréal Color Riche Le Khol in Pure Espresso - Up until recently I have been a die hard black liquid liner fan but I have been trying a more muted soft look recently and this eyeliner is doing me well. It is smudgey enough to blend when you put it on but not too smudgey that you look like a panda an hour later. Plus Pure Epresso and Oh Desir go together like strawberries and cream....perfectly.

Clarins Instant Light Perfector in Apricot Shimmer - I am a balm girl more than a lipgloss girl (I find them too sticky) and this product is perfect the comfort of a balm but the kissable look of a gloss.

Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey Douce - This is my 'my lips but better' shade, its so moisturising and the perfect nudey pink for me. Plus it smells minty. Score.

Topshop Lipstick in Macaroon - This was such a whim buy for me, by the time I got it home I was convinced I would never wear it but lo and behold a few days later I had it on to go to a BBQ and I really loved it, I paired it with a balm so it had more of a stain look instead of a velvet lipstick but it was great - definitely a great spring evening shade.

Topshop Lipstick in Innocent - This is another 'my lips but better' shade for me (infact the colour is super similar to honey douce from revlon) a super easy shade to slap on to make my lips that little bit more kissable.... :)

So, there you have it my top picks for the next few months super easy shades to wear in the warm days and balmy evenings. Lets just hope this weather is here to stay!

What do you think of my Spring Picks? Do you see anything you have on my list?

PS/ Apologies my photos are a bit weird there was some weird lighting going on when I was taking them....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground